Inclusion Manager (SENCo) : Mrs J Brown
Headteacher: Mrs Brigitte Bruce
At Tubbenden Primary School, we value and celebrate each individual; Inclusion is central to our ethos and to the culture of our whole school community.
We achieve educational inclusion by:
- Ensuring that every child is valued for what they bring to our community.
- Recognising, identifying and overcoming potential barriers to learning.
- Being sensitive to a wide range of different learning needs.
- Ensuring that targets for all pupils are challenging, aspirational and appropriate for each individual.
The Inclusion Manager is responsible for:
- Co-ordinating the provision for those children in the school who have been identified as having SEND and developing the school's SEND policy.
- Strategic planning for the development of SEND provision across the school.
- Monitoring those pupils who have been highlighted as needing more targeted support or who are on the SEND Register. Tracking progress data and effectiveness of provision and interventions.
- Reporting to governors.
- Liaising with a range of outside agencies who can offer advice advice and support to help pupils overcome barriers to learning and other difficulties and who can offer advice and support to families.
- Within the school, the Inclusion Manager provides specialist advice and training to staff in order to ensure they have the knowledge and skills required to meet a range of needs.
- Ensuring parents are:
-Involved in supporting their child's learning and access.
-Consulted and kept informed about the range and level of support offered to their child.
-Included in reviewing how their child is doing.
-Consulted about planning successful movement (transition) to a new class or school.
Other key members of staff within the SEND team at Tubbenden Primary School
|Mrs L Crawford||Deputy Headteacher, Safeguarding Lead, Behaviour Lead and Mental Health Lead|
|Miss H Dales||Family Support Worker|
|Mrs D Wright||Specialist Speech and Language Assistant|
|Miss N Sparks||SEN Administrative Assistant and specialist teaching assistant for pupils with Dyslexia and other Literacy difficulties|
|Miss C Belinfantie||Learning Mentor|
|Mrs M Hudd and Mr G Casey||Emotional Literacy Support Assistant (ELSA)|
|Mrs J Marsh||Specialist Interventions TA|